Thursday, February 21, 2013

DIY Car Key Wall Hanger and Purse in One

Okay so those cheap plastic "made in china" five-hook hangers made our key situation a nightmare. Ours kind of looked like this one below but of cheap metal body all around:


Sure it may look cute, but it wasn't easily accessible. How? Well, there were no lables and keys got jumped on top of other keys. It kind of grew into a burden always rearranging the keys. So today, actually yesterday, I found through my junk of stuff a collapsible towel rack. At least so I think that's what it was meant for. I don't know. It's solid wood and has enough knobs and space away from each other. 

I painted it and reapplied the paint three more times to make sure the wood was 99% covered. It took many layers, or maybe I just had a bad paint brush. I assume the latter. Any how, once it was done, I took a black sharpie and put cute letters with dots at the end to emphasis each car key by its Model (not make) for the middle row of hooks. The lower end of hooks, currently, says purse, bag and bike but the first hook is slightly loose and I'm worried will break under a purse's weight so I need to clear out "purse" and put something else there. As of now, an umbrella hangs there but how often will I really need that there? I don't think living in Arizona requires an Umbrella on the entry-way key hanger/organizer, so I'll figure out what else I could put there.

Below is the finished (yet not edited) version of what I am talking about:


As you can see, we have one too many vehicles, but geez, don't go blaming me. I only got the Ford (yeahh!) and my lovely hubby who loves loves loves toys has the rest. Oh, just realized forgot the gate key up there. Need to go do that before I lose that small key. I know, I know, the walls are grotesquely white but I was just not up to painting today. Maybe later.  

1 comment:

  1. Mobile Miami Locksmith - 24/7 On Site Car Key replacement. We cut & program all car keys. If we can't do it, nobody can! car keys

    ReplyDelete