Sunday, April 14, 2013

Memorial Book Created via Blurb

Hey there,

I have been away from the blogging world because I had a deadline to meet on finishing my book for someone special. I used the site Blurb to create the Memorial Album. My husband's mother passed away March 2nd and I had this little idea to put her life into a book via pictures. I got to know her in a very different way by doing this. My husband does not know I have created this book but he does know I am up to something since I asked all family members to send me their photos of his mother.

His mother passed away due to Parkinson's and while it was diagnosed in late 2010, I could clearly see the changes in her face and posture as early as the '90's. Based on these photos, I truly believe she should have been diagnosed then instead of late 2010; however, she is gone now so I cannot say much. All I know is she lived a good life and had no enemies. She was kind and loved animals. She was even kind to those who weren't so kind to her. She died at age 70 while her twin sister lives on in sorrow.

I created a Memorial Album on Blurb for her twin sister to pay my respects to the family, as I am new, and to insure that the memory lives on. I cannot make it to the Memorial being held in the state she resided in so the least I could do is provide a sentimental gift that would mean the world to only those who knew her and loved her.

My husband will get his own copy on next paycheck. I created 28 pages (that is if you include the hard-cover and two blank pages at the end). Some photos are in color and some in black and white. It took me roughly 30 hours combined to complete the scanning of the images, editing them and sorting them by year. My deadline was Friday but I am two days late - even though the real deadline was the book had to be received before her Memorial Date, May 5th. Mission accomplished. The entire cost of the book was going to be $44 but I found a 15% discount coupon online and was able to only pay $38.94 for a 28-page colored album hard-cover with dust-jacket book.

No comments:

Post a Comment